Monday, 8 April 2013

What You Do



you think you know me, who I am and how I feel
You think you understand me, but I know that's not true
you think you can walk away, that I won't care
the worst thing is that your thoughts are wrong
and that you don't know me at all. So how can we be true?

You tell me you care, that you’re someone I can trust
you tell me what I'm trying to say, but you get so mixed up.
you tell me that you are my friend
but I'm so scared to believe you

you remind me of a friend of mine, in everything we do,
the way you look out for me, oh he did that too
you say you understand me, he told me he did as well
the way you make me happy, he had that power too.
But that came apart, when he told me the truth about us.

please tell me you won't hurt me
please tell me that you are true
please tell me we're good, please tell me this is for real
but can you please tell me you won't be the same?

It hurt so bad, I trusted him... the way that I trust you
my world fell apart, when he told me our friendship wasn't real
the last thing I need, the last thing I want, is for you to do that too.
So I ask you one last time: Is our friendship real?

No comments:

Post a Comment