Monday, 8 April 2013

Those Times In Old Places



I came to this place by force
The last place I wanted to be
IL felt I belonged back home, with everyone I loved
Then I met him and I started to like it here,
If only I knew it would all go wrong

I’ve been hurt before, by people who I loved
But I found myself trusting him, when I haven’t trusted for so long
I told him this, thought it was something he should know
He told me not to worry; he was someone to trust,
Boy did he get it wrong

I trusted and believed him
No wonder I fell for him
It took me all my courage, but finally he knew
He said we were too close
Maybe I should have figured it out

I was happy we were close
I thought he loved me like a friend
I told him I moved on,
Everyone but me could see the truth
I still had feelings for him

I don’t think that I have moved on from the hurt
I got so overprotective of myself
We fought when I pushed him away
I was scared to trust him in any way
Somehow he always found his way back in.

I thought we were close friends
I ignored the rumour that he was pretending
Although we still fought, I still let him get closer in
Maybe I shouldn’t be so naïve?

I have a favourite memory of us
I wonder, does he think of it too?
I remember the day he heard me sing
I remember it so well
He told me to trust him I looked at him and believed
I had a lot of fun that day and enjoyed letting him get close

He knew what to say to me
He knew what I needed
He knew when I needed him, that I needed him
You know this too, I’m not sure if that’s good.




As the end neared and I realized I’d have to say goodbye
A thought hit me, so I asked him “why did you be my friend”
I don’t think he understood me as he told me the hurtful truth
He never loved me, it was never true
The hurt was worse than ever, why did I let him in?

It took a while but then I saw
He meant well, he wanted to give me protection
So then I forgave him as I knew he was right
Then we said goodbye and prepared to move on with our lives
I don’t regret him at all; I wish I had known though

I moved on and started living my life
Making new friends but keeping him in my mind
Imagine my shock and surprise
To see him again but through different eyes.

Now I realize that he didn’t care
He just stood there pretending
All that time I spent with him
Telling him my hopes, dreams and fears
He always said that he cared
Now I realize that he never told the truth

You and I are so alike, compared to me and him
The way I want to trust you but feel I can’t
The things you say, and how happy you make me feel
I know you said that it was real
But I can’t believe you…. Yet

I’m scared to trust you
Scared to love you, to think that this is real
I’m scared that if I believe, that it might be fake
I know you told me you felt it was
But I’m still scared to listen, to believe and most important to trust.

I’ve been told I need to trust
That I need to believe again
But after him, I can’t
I think I need you, need to believe you
But you need to know it’s hard

It’s been hard for me
But I’ve been trying to believe you
I’m trying not to lose myself, the way I did with him
You’re someone I care about; I’m realizing you care about me
We both need to realize that it’s going to be hard for me




I’m over him but not over the hurt
But I’ve tried to move on with my life
You are a good friend now
And you care more than he did
I’m still learning, but I know with you
That you care about me as much as I do with you

There are a lot of things you know about me
You understand how I feel and I hope how I think
But the most important thing I need you to know
Is although you may not think this true
I need your protection, but in a good way
Can you do that? Can you be real?

No comments:

Post a Comment