Monday, 8 April 2013

Teardrops On My Guitar - Rewrite

This is a version of Teardrops On My Guitar by Taylor Swift that a friend of mine wrote for me...



She looked at me, I make a smile for Emily
But I know I couldn't be everything she wanted from me
I said she's beautiful, that girl we talked abut
But we knew we couldn't leave Em the only one without

She talks to me, I hide the truth and feel guilty
But I can't even see anyone when she's with me
Cuz' I am so in love, like God tuned on a light
But all I wanted was to just make everything alright

She's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me drifting off into afar
She's the song, in my mind, I keep singing
Don't know why I do

They walk by me, can they tell it's killing me?
And there she goes, so perfectly, never wanted to give  up this easily
She'd better hold her tight, and give her the love I can't
Look in the beautiful eyes and know she's lucky cuz'

She's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me drifting off into afar
She's the song, in my mind, I keep singing
Don't know why I do

So I walk home alone, hoping those girls are alright
I'll put their pictures down and maybe get some sleep tonight

She was the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who  had enough of me and broke my heart
She was the song, in my mind, I kept singing
Don't know why I did

All my love has now gone, but t here's never enough to give
And I want someone for them to fall into

They look at me, I turn away so I won't have to see
And there she is, so perfectly, the kind of lolice I wish I could be
She's so beautiful, the girl I 'd never talk to them about
And I no longer h ave to make myself live without

She talks to me, asks if I ever felt guilty
But I can't even see anyone when she's with me
Cuz' I am so in love, like God turned on a light
And now I know that everything's always gonna be alright




Cuz' she's the reason there's no more teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me drifting off into afar
She's the song, in my mind, I keep singing
Now I know why I do

They walk by me, I can tell there's no more faking
And there they go, so perfectly, knew neither one of them would give up so easily
They better hold them tight, and give them all their love
Look in those pair of beautiful eyes
Knowing they're each lucky cuz'

They're the reason there's no more teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps us all drifting off into afar
They're the song, in our minds, we keep singing
And we always will.

So I walk home with pride, as I turn off the light
Put all their pictures up knowing I'll get some sleep tonight

Cuz' they're the reason there's no more teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps us all drifting off into afar
They're the song, in our minds we keep singing
And we always will

And I thought my love h ad gone
But there's never too much to give
And now we all have someone to fall into

She looks at me, there's no denying we're all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment