Monday, 8 April 2013

We're Too Similar



How can I feel…like we are so alike…when you say we’re not?
Why do I feel…like there’s more to us then what we say...? But you don’t
I feel… like it’s me, regardless of what you tell me…like theres something wrong with me
I try… to get you to let me in…but then you push further away
You know…that I need someone there for me…to try and care for me...can you do it?
Are you the same?

I understand what you’re telling me
Boy I’ve been there too…
But the difference between you and me
Is that I’ve learned to trust when I shouldn’t, whereas you can but you won’t

I’ve been…hurt so many times…I’ve felt so betrayed
I’ve had…my trust taken advantage of…I’ve pushed everyone away
I still…have to learn…who to trust and how to trust
You know this…cause its how you are…why can’t we trust each other?

I understand what you’re telling me
Boy I’ve been there too…
But the difference between you and me
Is that I’ve learned to trust when I shouldn’t, whereas you can but you won’t

I know how we both are, I know how hard it is for us to trust people who want to mean something to us
Why can’t we trust each other?
You know that I have days when I back off, and you need to come closer in
I know, that you can’t trust me cause I see you in a different way
I want you to trust me, the way I’m learning to trust you
I know I can promise you that I’ll never hurt you, Can you promise me?
Do you think both of us can let the other in?

No comments:

Post a Comment